Installing hqRule is very easy:
- Run the Client_DB installation script in the database from which you will be calling the evaluation function (usually the same database where your data lives)
- Run the Server_DB installation script in the database that will house your Rulesets (could be the same as Client_DB, but doesn’t have to be).
- Create a new website in IIS and unzip the WebUI archive into its root directory. (This is for the management UI. Click here to test-drive it!)
- Edit appsettings.json in the website root directory and add the Server_DB database connection string where indicated.
The following requirements must be met prior to running the database installation script:
- CLR must be enabled on the SQL Server instance where Client_DB is installed.
- You must have dbo permissions on the Client_DB database.